Please note: Your child will only be assigned homework via Oxford Owl if their school has signed up to either:
- The Read Write Inc. Phonics eBook Library
- The eBook Library for Letters and Sounds
- Project X CODE
You should receive notice from your child’s teacher if they plan to start using Oxford Owl’s homework functionality.
Before completing homework on Oxford Owl your child must first log in to using their individual student login. For more support on how to help your child log in view guidance here.
To complete homework your child should:
- Click the Homework tab to view a list of all the homework they have been set by their teacher.
- Select the homework they would like to complete from the drop down list.
- Make a note of any additional instructions their teacher may have given them.
- Click the Read the eBook or Open activity button to open the homework in a new tab.
- Complete the eBook or activity as instructed. Once complete, they may then close the tab and return to their homework list.
- For eBooks, they must click the I’ve finished the eBook link next to the Read the eBook button which will allow them to rate the eBook using the faces provided.
- Navigate to the Progress area of Oxford Owl by clicking the Go to progress button that will appear once your child has rated the eBook.
Once these steps are completed your child will see that the homework has been added to their progress list and it will have been removed from their homework list.