Some subscriptions on Oxford Owl for school allow you to assign your students homework. To do this you must ensure you have already created individual logins for your students.
Please note: It is important to notify parents when you plan to start using Oxford Owl’s homework assignment features. Parents can find advice on how to help their child access the student area and complete their homework here.
To Assign homework to students, you must first locate the resources you would like to assign and add them to your homework basket:
Adding resources to the homework basket
- Find your subscription’s resources by clicking on your subscription from the list under the My subscriptions heading on the Oxford Owl for School homepage.
- Select the Resources tab, which can be accessed in mobile view by tapping the menu icon in the top right corner of the page, or click the View available resources button in the bottom right corner of the page.
- Search for resources by using the search bar provided and use the drop down boxes to filter your results.
- Use the tick boxes provided to select the individual resources you would like to assign or use the Assign all box to select all resources in the list.
- Add your selections to the homework basket by clicking the Add resources to basket button at the bottom of the page.
- View the homework basket by clicking the resources in basket button located at the top right of the resource list.
Setting homework deadlines
- Set deadlines for the homework you are assigning by clicking Set dates for all within the homework basket.
- Use the calendar provided to choose the homework start and end dates.
- Navigate back to the basket by clicking the return arrow next to the Set dates for all header.
- Choose which students you would like to assign the homework to by clicking Set students for all within the homework basket.
- Choose which class you would like to assign the homework to by selecting the Classes and groups tab. Use the tick boxes provided to make your selection.
- You can choose to edit which individual students are assigned the homework by selecting the students tab. Use the tick boxes to select which students are assigned the homework.
- Navigate back to the basket by clicking the return arrow next to the Set Students header.
You can also choose to add your own instructions to the homework you are assigning.
To do this:
- Click Add instructions for all within the homework basket.
- Fill out any instructions you would like to add within the free text box provided.
- Navigate back to the basket by clicking the return arrow next to the Add instructions for all header.
Confirm and assign
- Within the homework basket you will see a list of the resources you have chosen to assign.
- Review your selection and, if needed, remove any resources by clicking on the bin icon.
- Click the Assign button to finish.
Once you have assigned homework you can view it within the homework and reporting area. Find out how to access and navigate this area here.