Oxford Owl will move your students up a year automatically ahead of the new academic year. This will happen on the academic year rollover point you have selected in your school’s details. For example, all students in Year 5 will be moved to Year 6.
After students have moved up, teachers simply need to update their class ready for the new year. We recommend that each teacher looks after their own class.
If no students need to be removed or added to the class following the move up, simply rename the class. To do this:
- Click on your name in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Manage classes from the drop-down menu.
- Select your class from the list.
- Click Edit next to your class name.
- Change the class name in the class window and click Save. Please note that you cannot use the same class name twice within the organisation.
If you need to add or remove students from the class, follow the steps above to change the class name and then follow our instructions on editing classes here.